Fogarty Concrete offers one of the most energy efficient building blocks for the construction industry. Manufactured in Ireland the multi-award winning Roadstone Thermal Liteblock is a lightweight concrete block with an excellent thermal conductivity (Lambda λ) value as low as 0.33W/mk. The Liteblock system can also result in significant savings in the overall build cost.
With thermal performances superior to those of conventional concrete blocks, the Roadstone Thermal Liteblock helps meet and exceed the requirements of the increasingly more stringent building regulations, without moving away from traditional forms of construction.
- Only required in key junctions to provide reductions in thermal bridging and heat loss
- Compressive Strength 7.5N/mm2 | Weight 11.2kg | Dimensions 440mm(L) x 100mm(W) x 215mm(H)
- Robust and durable concrete block available in both 7.5 N/mm2and 13N/mm2
- Unique in colour to enable traceability on site, as evidence of compliance for the Assigned Certifier, Architects, Engineers and BER assessors
- Excellent thermal conductivity (Lambda λ) value of 0.33 W/mK for 7.5N, 0.35 W/mK for 13N, which is a 300% improvement when compared to standard blocks.
- CE marked– manufactured to the requirements of I.S. EN 771-3 to System 2+
- Provides excellent adhesive properties with traditional mortars and renders
- When a full building specific (y) factor calculation is carried out using the psi values incorporating the Roadstone Thermal Liteblock, improved (y) factor as low as .03 can be achieved
- The thermal mass integrity of the building is maintained when using Roadstone Thermal Liteblock in conjunction with our Concrete Block range
- The Liteblock system is a very cost effective solution and can result in significant savings in the overall build cost
- Reduced Thermal Bridging resulting in reduced heat loss, and lower heating bills
- Suits traditional construction methods familiar to Irish and UK designers and builders
- Improved (y) factor calculations are achieved when using the Roadstone Thermal Liteblock system
- Compliant U values are achieved without having to provide a cavity in excess of 150mm
NEARLY ZERO ENERGY BUILDINGS
‘Nearly Zero Energy Buildings’ means a building that has a very high energy performance. “The nearly zero or very low amount of energy required should be covered to a very significant extent by energy from renewable sources, including energy from renewable sources produces on site or nearby.”
In order to achieve NZEB compliance buildings require improved Fabric Efficiency, which can be assisted through the use of the Roadstone Thermal Liteblock system.
WINNER Best Interior Building Product – RIAI Architecture Choice Awards
WINNER Best New Product Innovation – Irish Build & Design Awards
WINNER Construction Product of the Year – Irish Construction Industry Awards
- To view and download the full range of Technical Drawings click here.
Files are compatible with Autocad 2013 and newer
- For Case Studies and Resources click here
For all enquiries and quotations please contact our office to speak to one of our experienced engineers.