There are several advantages of the precast hollow core slab or prestressed hollow core slab such as:
- Only 100mm two-sided bearing required.
- Suitable for insulation & underfloor heating system.
- Cantilever slabs have design advantages e.g. balconies.
- Superior acoustic insulation and thermal properties.
- An improvement in span and loading ratio by structural screed application.
- Continuous voids in Hollowcore slabs can accommodate electrical or mechanical services.
- Exceptional fire resistance.
- Quick installation time.
- Cost-efficient construction solution.
- Lower self-weight.
- Assured quality.
- Excellent lower surface finishes ready to paint.
- Easy project implementation is giving designers greater versatility.
- Easily adapted to enable mounting on ancillary building system.
- High durability and load resistance.
- Can have long spans without the need of temporary supports.
- The green product reduces the use of raw material.
With only 3-4 workers it is possible to install more than 500-600 square meters of floor per day.
Through the choice of the different thicknesses of the lower part of the element, floors can be produced with a high fire resistance up to 180 minutes.
Hollow core slabs have minimal deformation even with high slenderness ratios due to the transversal load distribution and even when the elements do not have any concrete topping.
The produced elements have high load resistances thanks to a low water/cement ratio of concrete from 0.25 to 0.35. Higher water/cement ratios cannot be employed for the production of desired cross sections without the use of expensive formworks.